Reader Advisory

Some articles posted in The SlickMaster's Files may contain themes, languages, and content which may neither appropriate nor appealing to certain readers. READER DISCRETION is advised.

Monday, June 01, 2020

Vanna lets you fall with new single off her debut EP

05/31/2020 05:09:17 PM




Vanna, a folk singer-songwriter from Israel, has released her recent single titled “Let Me Fall.” 

The track is her second single of the 5-track debut EP Higher Hopes released under the Singapore-based Umami Records. It explores the meaning of embracing the vulnerability that one has while falling in love. Its ambient production revolves around a finger-picked acoustic guitar and pulsating bass lines that exude a powerful calming feeling to listeners’ ears throughout the song.

Produced by Roy Avital of Tel Aviv based indie-electronic trio Garden City Movement and mastered by Matt Colton (James Blake, Muse, Coldplay), Let Me Fall is an ambient-folktronica song about letting yourself fall completely in love and embracing the vulnerability that comes along with that.

 “When you fall in love, you expose yourself to getting hurt. It’s an endless paradox. When you let someone enter your inner world, you’re allowing them to gently break down your walls and then amazing things can happen.”, shares VANNA, “I was scared that one day I’d lose this feeling, and when it really happened I felt so alone trying to move on. This is the risk you take for falling in love.”

The Israeli singer-songwriter builds up the energy from the verses to the choruses, culminating in the bridge. “And all I could ever ask is to be someone else / To know what I am for you to feel that you want me too / And I wanna clear my head I don’t wanna be so scared / To leave all my fears behind / To know you’re on my side”, she sings, before releasing all that tension in the final instrumental drop.

“At one of my gigs, I did a cover of RY X’s Deliverance, adding a minimal beat and playing on my keyboard. When I finished singing the cover I kept going with the beat and sang a new song, which became Let Me Fall,” said VANNA on how she wrote this song. |It was a special moment. After I finished singing I told the audience that I felt like a rapper improvising lyrics on the go. I said I hoped that someone in the audience recorded it because this would become my new song.”

Accompanying the single release is its music video that was directed by award-winning independent filmmaker Matan Balalty and French-Israeli artist Noémie Dahan, and shot at the Beit Talal In Jaffa featuring four professional contemporary dancers.

VANNA was born in and raised in Tel Aviv. Having parents from both Indian and Iranian descent, the young singer-songwriter grew up immersed in music, culture, and diversity. 

Born and raised in Tel Aviv, of Indian and Iranian parents, VANNA grew up immersed in music, culture and diversity. Creating music is her way of confronting and understanding the turmoil she feels within herself, and she hopes her songs will touch others going through the same struggle.

Over the last 3 years, VANNA managed to use her learnings and experiences in creating music. The graduate of the Rimon School of Jazz and Contemporary Music has been working closely with producer Roy Avital on her debut EP High Hopes, delivering a delicate fusion of indie electronic, pop, and folk-influenced by artists like RY X, Oscar and the Wolf, SYML, and Sóley.

‘Let Me Fall’ by VANNA is available everywhere at this link: https://www.umamirecords.sg/let-me-fall/

Author: slickmaster | © 2020 The SlickMaster's Files

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a comment as long as it is within the bounds of the issue, and as long as you do it with decency. Thanks!