Reader Advisory

Some articles posted in The SlickMaster's Files may contain themes, languages, and content which may neither appropriate nor appealing to certain readers. READER DISCRETION is advised.

Monday, October 24, 2016

The Scene Around: Locked Down Night

10/11/2016 05:42:39 PM

It was a rainy Thursday night, and I just came off from a team meeting at The Collective. While it;s a bit bearable to travel on my way home, I decided to take a walk and check out what's happening at one of the best nightout spots in Makati City (aside from my personal agendas).

So, I managed to catch a bit of Locked Down night at SaGuijo, and Hey Boy Hey Girl just wrapped up its set. And it's obvious that I have missed a lot of happenings during then. But it didn't really matter much as I got hooked up to at least, the remaining musician scheduled to play for the gig.

And hearing Toni B for the first time ever get me bewildered – at least for like 30 minutes or so. Of all the Locked Down artists I have ever encounter in the gigs scene, I have yet to hear her music.

That being said, I wasn't surprised anymore why she is one of the notable names in Jigger Divina's talent arm. The soloist could make well in her keyboards and synthesizers; what more in the full band set-up that includes another balladeer Paolo Mallari by then?

Capping the evening with The Diegos – spinning records in vinyl – may look old fashioned considering the trend of how DJs play theirs; but somewhat, it was rejuvenating to see them do so. Not many appreciated vinyl and turntable phonographs as a material and equipment in doing live mixes.

That being said, the 12-year old Locked Down Entertainment proved why they are one of the most-established groups in the scene; from hip-hop they have gone to a variety of notable rockers in different genres.













Author: slickmaster | © 2016 september twenty-eight productions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a comment as long as it is within the bounds of the issue, and as long as you do it with decency. Thanks!