Reader Advisory

Some articles posted in The SlickMaster's Files may contain themes, languages, and content which may neither appropriate nor appealing to certain readers. READER DISCRETION is advised.

Friday, January 01, 2016

Thank You, 2015. Hello, 2016!

12/31/2015 11:57:01 PM

So another year is now recorded at the history books. We all have our own share of stories. Some of us said 2015 was a good one for them, while others have stated otherwise.

If you asked me though, I had lots of ups and downs to the extreme level. There were times when I felt totally devastated or depressed; where I thought I suck in life big time; or maybe for a second I was a disappointment, or a failure.

Some people may actually point you to that direction with concern in their minds that you can do better. And that is something I am really thankful for.

It’s no secret that 2015 fled me to another place, and it’s a very interesting one: music. For almost the entire year, the country’s independent music scene became my venue. I ended up writing more blog posts about what’s happening on the side of nightlife where bands were the recognizable figures.

And through this, my eyes became wide open as opportunities arose the same as criticism. And there’s nothing wrong on the latter. I guess it paved way for me to take another path in my blogging and writing career as soon as 2016.

With that being said, I am dedicating this article to people whom I met for this year. Big “Thank you” shoutouts for these folks who appreciated my craft, nit-picked on it, helped me realized my mistakes and moreover, believed that I can do it more and better. Or at least, my personality.

First, to JB of Docdef Productions. This guy took me under his wing despite me having an inner reluctance on my soul. He made me realized I can do a lot. The group Docdef Productions became my home by night, whenever I want to listen to good music, socialize with other people, and everything in between.

Lihterature, the bonnet-wearing guy who has his camera and taking motion pictures on his SLR for most of the time. I never even thought he would notice a novice like me who also dwells in videography. Thanks, man!

Glen. I remember him as the first guy who I personally met at the indie scene. Yes, my college friend Ridge introduced me to him. I admit, at first I thought this guy was quite hard to deal with. But good thing the next few encounters proved me otherwise. I saw a very passionate entrepreneur. A smart guy who told me a variety of things, including his dream project called Groundswell. Brother, let’s make it happen soon.

Ian. The head curator of Vandals on the Wall. The man whose also responsible for The Rest is Noise. I didn’t expect this guy will know I have a huge heart for music, too (as a supporter). Thank you, brother!

Rarely would I introduce myself to a musician, or the other way around. With that being said, I’m quite thankful these people made me feel like I belonged in this setting: Guido, EJ, Gino, Jack, Mic, Deng, and their bandmates from MilesExperience, Autotelic, Ube, Alasmedya, Farewell Fair Weather, and Flying Ipis. It’s been a privilege that even for a short while, I managed to be with these people. And that goes to the other bands I haave met later on.

Also, shoutouts to the people of Docdef Productions, Gabi Na Naman Productions, Mr. Cris Ramos of Pulp Magazine, Mika, Janina, MaskeRider Kenneth, Imee, Jermaine, Gabba, and every single person (though I failed to mention here) I have met at the indie scene.

In addition, to Kerstin of Para Sa Sining Productions, Gerard, Boco, Myrel, and Abby. Well, I just remembered you guys while I’m writing this! As well as to my blogkada Cristal, Ivan, Ron, Axl, Guia, and MJ.

Shoutouts to Martin Andanar and the team of Podcast.PH, Mr. Andre Urbina, Ms. Janette Toral, Alphonse, Anthea, Herald, Justin, and Gab.

It’s been a very great run so far! As we gear up for next year (which is technically in a few minutes as of writing time) we are about to create another chapter called 2016 in our personal biographies. Let’s make the most out of it!

So, with that being said, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! May we all hope to have a very prosperous year ahead of us. Meantime, CHEERS!

Author: slickmaster | © 2015 september twenty-eight productions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a comment as long as it is within the bounds of the issue, and as long as you do it with decency. Thanks!