Reader Advisory

Some articles posted in The SlickMaster's Files may contain themes, languages, and content which may neither appropriate nor appealing to certain readers. READER DISCRETION is advised.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Demise of a Dream

06/16/2015 10:23:09 AM
As much as I want to stray away from the trend, I just can't help it. Maybe because after all, I am still a wrestling fan.

Forget the idea that I am more aware of the scene during these recent years, and the fact that I am then-watching television shows that did not even mean more in-depth thoughts to me when I was a kid such as those old cartoons, sitcoms and WWF Superstars and Wrestling Challenge.

But the fact is, Dusty Rhodes passed away; and that's another shocking and saddening news at the Western Hemisphere, and the sports-entertainment fans around the Globe.

I only had sets of resemblances of his memory whenever I watched selected episodes of Vintage Collection, and that match between his sons and the then-tag team champions The SHIELD at WWE Battleground two years ago. His presence during their segment was so vital that when the promotion made a seconds-length clip for the 2013 Slammy Awards Match of the Year, I could only notice goosebumps beneath my skin.

It's always sad to notice a man's passing, especially on the context of a sport-driven entertainment show like professional wrestling. To think that these athletes were bunches of stuntmen at the same time, and they are really risking it all to entertain you.

For over the past few years, we see WWE halting their tales in order to pave way for the likes of the late Eddie Guerrero, Umaga, Mae Young, and recently, the Ultimate Warrior. Though times have already changed (obviously), and perhaps with Goldust and Stardust/Cody Rhodes sharing the squared circle – in promos or for fights, we will see the legacy of the Runnels continue over the course of time.

Rest in Peace, the American Dream.

Author: slickmaster | © 2015 september twenty-eight productions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a comment as long as it is within the bounds of the issue, and as long as you do it with decency. Thanks!