Reader Advisory

Some articles posted in The SlickMaster's Files may contain themes, languages, and content which may neither appropriate nor appealing to certain readers. READER DISCRETION is advised.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Goodnight!: RKO From Mid-Air

3/30/2015 8:43:48 PM

Screengrab from YouTube
You can never deny what happened on this day in this year: It is the day where the professional wrestling’s biggest stage took over the world. And it’s called “WrestleMania.”

Well, several names incorporated with the World Wrestling Entertainment’s flagship program became a hot topic on social media. Mind you, even her in the Philippines, despite being less marketable than those other mainstream bullshits (yes, if you’re gonna call wrestling a BS, then I suggest the same namesake goes to your faves, too!), WrestleMania was a hot talk to a lot of people.

In fact, I knew some folks and friends of mine who took a leave the entire day just to catch WM31 live; At Skinny Mike’s bar at Taguig City, the entirety of the event was shown AS IT HAPPENS from pre-show to the fallout segments. That, by all means, is a perfect example of saying “wrestling is alive here in the country” aside from having Philipine Wrestling Revolution.

As for me, though, I will see the entire telecast tonight (Unfortunately for me, I have rushing errands earlier), so I will not put my take on the WrestleMania 31 yet.

However, I couldn’t help but to share these clips I found over the Internet. And mind you, folks: even if wrestling’s a scripted sport, they still made great waves and noises as an entertaining show.

First: this clip where the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women’s bantamweight champion Rondy Rousey dropped by to join The Rock in a confrontation segment with the power-couple Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. 


Talk about woman's domination by Rousey. And perhaps, good way to promote Fast & Furious 7 right there.

Say, am I seeing double? Like one from the live screen, and the other from the staged squared circle itself? What a clip though. (“I LOVE IT MAGGLE,” as JBL usually says.)

I can sense these four will collide soon…. Hopefully, at Extreme Rules!

And now, for this segment which I will call “goodnight!!!” here comes a stunning finisher from who-else-but Randy Orton.


That move may have some almost-closed-angle by execution, but still it rocks like shit. OUTTA NOWHERE, as mostly states.

And even if it's afternoon, I'd still bare myself to call that "goodnight." Perhaps, it's the most stunning finisher of all the finishers that took place at WrestleMania 31.

Just, wow.

There are lots of WrestleMania moments all throughout the event, something I haven’t seen yet. These are worth the catchphrase “highlight reel.”

Anyway, I’m out of here, and will spend my night in the couch watching the play button come to life.


Author: slickmaster | ©2015 september twenty-eight productions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a comment as long as it is within the bounds of the issue, and as long as you do it with decency. Thanks!