Reader Advisory

Some articles posted in The SlickMaster's Files may contain themes, languages, and content which may neither appropriate nor appealing to certain readers. READER DISCRETION is advised.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Playback: Treasure – Bruno Mars

9/14/2013 9:24:21 PM

Certainly there’s this one hit that rocked my musical ears (and mind) so far.

I’m talking about Bruno Mars’ latest single titled “Treasure.” Mars wrote the track alongside Philip Lawrence, Ari Levine and Phredley Brown (with three of the latter known as The Smeesingtons). It was the third single off Mars’ 2012 studio album Unorthodox Jukebox.

Well, it was almost a good remark, unless if you’re a Breakbot fan. Some people noticed that Treausre was similar to the track “Baby I’m Yours” made by the French electronic artist, and was released via Ed Banger records. However, the latter took that as a compliment.



What’s my take on this track? Well, after Get Lucky (Daft Punk featuring Pahrrell Williams) and even Blurred Lines (by Robin Thicke featuring T.I. and also, Pharrell Williams), there’s another tune that sounded old. This one’s funkier than the other two.

While listening to this track, it reminded me of something – as if it sounded like you are back on the era where sounds like disco funk used to rock everyone’s nightlife. Yes, as if you are tuned in to a mixture of Earth, Wind and Fire, Prince, and even Jackson 5. And considering the fact that Bruno Mars is used to be compared to the young Michael Jackson? Well, his voice seemed to have a bit of resemblance of the late King of Pop though.

The first few seconds really killed me, like I want to groove to the tune of this beat. And that sexually nostalgic feeling is really put the hell into me.

Okay, that’s it. so long for now. Let me indulge myself to the beat of this track.

Author: slickmaster | © 2013 september twenty-eight productions

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Shame to say I haven't heard it beforehand, but great that you introduced me to it :D However, it doesnt have the sound i usually look for in songs...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to make a comment as long as it is within the bounds of the issue, and as long as you do it with decency. Thanks!