Reader Advisory

Some articles posted in The SlickMaster's Files may contain themes, languages, and content which may neither appropriate nor appealing to certain readers. READER DISCRETION is advised.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

The #DUOValentines Experience.


02:04 PM | 03/15/2013

I’d like to go on a trip back to exactly a month ago. Well, at least… for the meantime.

It’s been a month since Valentine’s Day, right? And how about this wonderful treat made by Nestle Philippines for the social networking peeps out there? They picked random people from the Twitter universe, and treating them with sets of a valentine-themed ice cream that known as Nestle Drumstick DUO Valentines.


I was on the verge of writing one of my Valentine’s day rants entitled “Walang Masama sa Pagiging Single Ngayong Valentine’s Day” when all of a sudden the moderator of DrumstickPH (Nestle Drumstick PH) followed me and gave a reply.


I have to admit, at first I was skeptic, asking myself “are my eyes kidding me?” Until I check them out and concluded that they are for real. I mean, they mean it. I verified it. They really managed to send ice cream to everyone who responds to them. Indeed, a legitimate one. With no hesitation then, I respond to them.

As I gave my personal contacts via Twitter’s direct message to DrumstickPH… surprisingly I received their treat the very next day. I was about to get up from my bed until my tita called me and yelling “antabay ka lang sa baba. May nagdedeliver ata para sa iyo.” I mean… wow! This Drumstick’s really for real. I mean, how about having 5 pairs of ice cream, plus a flower-bouquet-like prop, and a set of gift certificates?! Damn good.

At least I managed to treat my girlfriend for this. Hehe! Indeed, it was a perfect valentine treat for 2013.
And I think that #DUOValentines treat was a successful one for their part. Look, they targeted a lot of people in the social networking site, and it really worked. In fact, thet held a different promo for Facebook users then.

So kudos at the people of Nestle Philippines Drumstick, especially to their Twitter moderator who managed to spotted me there, and to the people who delivered it, and took photographed of me holding and bragging that thing (Shame on my face and pose though. LOL!) .

Good job.

Author: slickmaster | © 2013 september twenty-eight productions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a comment as long as it is within the bounds of the issue, and as long as you do it with decency. Thanks!