Reader Advisory

Some articles posted in The SlickMaster's Files may contain themes, languages, and content which may neither appropriate nor appealing to certain readers. READER DISCRETION is advised.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

MUL-AW-IN.

01/17/2012 11:45 AM

Dogs are known to be the man’s best friend. So we should not wonder that like humans, dogs are talented too, like the ever-famous Saber from the now defunct-Magandang Gabi Bayan in the 90s.

As I checked out my channel in YouTube and my old videos in Facebook, I found this mini-feature-slash-documentary. Honestly, I don’t know how it is to called. It’s about talented-street dogs, and these two dogs that yours truly and our group saw in a mall located at the city of Manila; and they were named after the characters of that famous television show. Perhaps, living in spotlight despite poverty on its burdens are carried out by the shoulders of a certain Sergio Redoloza.

Just a brief summary, it was late September when we shoot this mini-feature. That time, we were clueless on who will be our subject is, as we were doing this spontaneously. And we did not even have an idea of how good TV Production should be done or so.

After some few minutes and hours of searching and re-searching, we ended up finding Mang Sergio setting up the show of his dogs. Well, he is the owner and trainer of Habagat and Bagwis, the two talented dogs I’m talking about earlier.

There he takes them to the streets and show their stuff. If I’m not mistaken, it’s near Liwasang Bonifacio area, beside the places of LRT Line 1 Central Terminal Station, SM City Manila and the Manila City Hall.

Another venue? Hmm… I saw them at around Morayta once. But I know there are others.

Well, we joined Mang Sergio during that one fateful Sunday to cover his story. Observing how his show rolls every hour of the mid-day, until to the wrap-up chores.

After a  hardworking day of showtime, they’ll be going back to Mang Sergio’s house at around Baseco area. From there, he shared his life story on how these dogs made him cope up with life despite his situation. He's been doing that for years, and after some time of hard work, it paid off. These two dogs got some extra stints on television screens after being spotted around the city doing tricks on various ways.  Feel free to watch these videos.




Yours truly is one of the writers of this two-part clip which I uploaded on my both Facebook and YouTube accounts in 2010. And I can still recall the life and times of making of this one, even though I was only present during most of the production time, and except for the last segment.

It was my classmate's idea (which was then the director of this video) whom made this very possible.

By the way, this is my group’s presentation during my social arts class. I was on my very first semester in college then, and this video served as a final requirement for the subject.

Before I leave you here, I'll reiterate: no animals were harmed in the making of this video.

Author: slickmaster | ©2012 september twenty-eight productions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a comment as long as it is within the bounds of the issue, and as long as you do it with decency. Thanks!