Reader Advisory

Some articles posted in the blog site may contain themes and languages which may not be appropriate nor appealing to other readers.

READER DISCRETION is advised.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Misconceptions At Heart

11/04/2011 10:33 AM

Before anything else, this article contains the my personal extremities about almost everyone’s favorite topic. So, be careful when you rant back on me because this is what you get from blurting words out of your personal experiences—or just a plain observation as well.



Okay, recently I noticed several reactions about love, especially at the advent where social networking sites serves as the new avenue for dating. It varies, actually. Some were kinda decent while more than half are sad to say indecent.

As in every single moment of their relationship was barely documented; especially the ladies. From all aspects—be it a moment of joyful or sorrowfulness. Nothing really wrong about it; but if you’re doing it for some purposes, then you must be looking for trouble.

On text messaging, it was all love quotes. Again, not really a big deal. But the logical problem became evident: when things went wrong on love, they will insist it as "right."

Now what the heck I am talking about this time?

See the papers and your television screens? On several newscasts, there are police reports where the motive or subject involved is love (jealousy to be exact).

Recently, a security guard kidnapped his child because he can’t take the fact that her partner doesn’t want to be with him anymore. Another: A graduating student was gunned down by her boyfriend at the height of their "love quarrel."

At some point, I was asking myself: have these culprits gone crazy? And yet they have the nerve to put out a reason like “they just love her so much?”

JESUS CHRIST, HOW SUCH A GRAVE WRONGDOING TURNED OUT TO BE RIGHT? HOLY FUCK! SORRY GUYS, BUT IF YOU ASKED ME, THAT’S NOT HOW LOVE SHOULD BE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

"Love is not about owning someone," as the old saying goes (Thanks, Papa Jack for retelling). Yes!

Unfortunately, people tend to be possessive when they are engaged in a romantic relationship. When a guy scored her winning “Yes,” you'll see him the next time around with his arms wrapping her. Yes, as if he’s the only guy who can be with her at all times. Not anyone else and that even includes her relatives.

And in case somebody from the latter approaches her, the guy will react violently—with some will come to the extent of invading her phone and online accounts (and obviously, read everything).

HEY, BASTARD. YOU’RE NOT EVEN HIS WIFE, SO STOP ACTING LIKE YOU’RE HER HUSBAND ALREADY! ACTING LIKE A MATURED MAN, EH? THERE ARE BETTER WAYS TO BE ONE, MISTER.

In gentle terms, you love her for what she is, so you have to accept it.

And that also goes to the ladies. There are ways and means on showing how much you care to your partners. You don’t even need to read a book about that. It comes naturally.

The only problem is that when we get beyond, we're not conscious to the fact that we are holding his neck; He's already suffocating. And in case they need "space," they will insist not to. Instead, they will resort to a break-up.

HOW STUPID.

Going back (to the social media aspect), everything doesn’t need to be a blow-by-blow documentation. I agree on love gurus who said it’s better to keep some things privately (and I am saluting my college friend for doing such.)

I have to admit, five years ago when I was courting a girl I kept all possible things in private. And the only thing that you can never hide is the extreme emotion that comes within you.

Well, I’m saluting everyone who can do so (good job!). At least when it all falls down, you’ll still be on your comfortable self.

So boys, it’s not really a bad thing to cry after a heartbreak.

Though on the contrary, I also got ditched. She wants to get back from her ex-boyfriend, and obviously it hurt me. But let her go—especially if she allowed him wants to make it up with her. Let's face it: even if I get drunk, it won't solve my misery.

Perhaps my mistake though I did not share whatever I am feeling with anyone else. Maybe because of the fear on the reactions. Mind you: I was seen by my mother teary-eyed the next day.

IT REALLY FEELS LIKE SHIT, BUT I NEVER LET THAT RUIN ME AS A WHOLE. I still managed to get back in time.

Now what’s my point? LET TIME HEAL YOUR WOUNDS, BUT NEVER LET OTHERS BE YOUR REBOUND. Everyone knows how it sucks to be one, because everyone wants to score the winning point.

So, if you’re down deep and broken, your family and friends are the only people you can go to, and certainly NOT ANYONE ELSE WHOM MIGHT FALL IN LOVE INTO YOU in the wrong process.

My take here, is simple. YOU MAY THINK OF HUMAN NATURE AS YOU’RE EXCUSES FOR ANY STUPIDITY YOU HAD DONE OUT OF LOVE, BUT NEVER FOR MORE THAN ONCE (AND CERTAINLY NOT ON THE VERY GRAVE ASPECT).

AND NEVER USE LOVE FOR SUCH. YOU’RE DISGRACING ITS GOOD NAME.

I PERSONALLY HAVE THE HIGH RESPECT FOR COUPLES WHOM HAD BEEN DECENT WHEN IT COMES TO THE L-WORD.

And for the people who still can’t understand I am saying, I AM NOT AGAINST LOVE AS A WHOLE. I AM UP AGAINST THE MISCONCEPTIONS MOST OF YOU HAD DONE. A MISTAKE CAN’T BE CORRECTED BY ANOTHER ONE AND CERTAINLY IT CAN’T BE TURNED INTO A RIGHT ONE NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU’RE ARGUING INTO.

Call me full of pride, but what I am implying here is when you commit a mistake, admit it. Don’t let it result to a tireless but senseless argument. It’s not about one who can have the balls to swallow his/her pride, but helping one to grow. Unfortunately,  it always go the other way around. Perhaps it's because no one wants to hear an argument (and actually, no one really wins the game).

By the way, I’m still being open for changes; but definitely, with its limits against the possibilities of extremism. So don’t get me wrong at all.

Lastly, love is supposed to make you a mature human being, so stop acting like baby to someone else and GROW THE FUCK UP!

Author: slickmaster | © 2011 september twenty-eight productions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to make a comment as long as it is within the bounds of the issue, and as long as you do it with decency. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...